Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 101 18:12:15 +1000 (EST)
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@nanguo.chalmers.com.au>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au (Daniel O'Connor)
Cc:        robert@chalmers.com.au, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing 2.2-SNAP to 2.2-STABLE then upwards - just a few fe

Daniel O'Connor

> On 05-Mar-01 Robert wrote:
> >  Starting the process of bringing 2.2-SNAP to 2.2-STABLE, then upwards
> >  through 3 to 4.
>
> Have you considered obtaining a CD and doing an upgrade that way?
> (or a network install)
>
> Also, I think you should consider reinstalling from scratch :)

Yes, looked at that - but being a glutton for punishment at heart
I decided to try the cvsup path.
I was trying to use the cvsup release that came with 2.2, but just upgraded
to the latest version 16.1, and on first run it seems to have
found a lot of new stuff the old one missed ???

anyway - if all else fails :-)... I'l buy the 4.2 CD, or use the
4.0 RELEASE I have here, and then cvsup that one.

and failing all that - if I badly crash the system, I'll just have
to upgrade from scratch :-)

cheers
Robert

> ---
> Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer
> for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au
> "The nice thing about standards is that there
> are so many of them to choose from."
>   -- Andrew Tanenbaum

Support Whirled Peas.
http://www.quantum-radio.net.au     robert@chalmers.com.au
Location: P.O. Box 2003. Mackay. 4740. 21'7" S, 149'14" E.