Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 16:58:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Fisher <mfisher@harborcom.net>
To:        Leif Neland <root@internet.dk>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Only allow delivery of mail to users in aliases

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Leif Neland wrote:

> IMAP? No thanks. The only place for the customers mail is on their
> harddisk; I have enough trouble with people who leave mail on the server
> with pop3 already. Most people wouldn't understand IMAP anyway.

That's a good philosophy.  Customers should not be allowed to manage their
email from two locations (i.e. home and work).  Are you familiar with the
IMAP protocol's advantages over POP3 at all?

http://www.imap.org/imap.vs.pop.brief.html

Just install Cyrus and set up reasonable disk quotas.  Your customers
should appreciate it.  If not now, then later when IMAP4 mail clients
become more prevalent (or the possibly the default from the big boys).

--
Mike
  "I swear - by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live