Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:53:58 +0000
From:      Tyler M <yoyomow@hotmail.com>
To:        "vbox@FreeBSD.org" <vbox@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 11.1 amd64 Virtualbox-ose 5.1.28_2 bridged networking not working

Hello,

I'm using an acer aspire 5735-4774 laptop, installed on it is FreeBSD 11.1 =
amd64.

My issue arises after installing virtualbox-ose 5.1.28_2 with "pkg install =
virtualbox-ose"=20

1. I added vboxnet_enable=3D"YES" to /etc/rc.conf
2. I added vboxdrv_load=3D"YES" to /boot/loader.conf
3. I rebooted
4. I created a FreeBSD 11.1 amd64 virtual machine
5. I set the network adapter to bridged mode inside the virtualbox settings=
 menu.
6. I fail to get an ip address over dhcp during the install.

It's not just dhcp I can't send any traffic out of any kind of vm when usin=
g bridged networking. I tried the nat interface option and that works but I=
 can't send icmp traffic which is an issue for me.

I also fail to get network connectivity when using a linux vm as well.

I tried setting my bridged interface to my wlan0 wireless interface, and my=
 msk0 ethernet interface both yield the same results on bsd and linux vms.

My only workaround this far is to install Linux on this laptop and run virt=
ualbox on Linux then my bridged networking works perfectly with both my wir=
eless and ethernet interfaces and all types of traffic.

Thank you for your help in this matter.=