Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 12:45:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      lab@gta.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   i386/3779: destructive cursor

>Number:         3779
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       changing cursor to blinking block causes display corruption
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE i386
>Environment:
  slower machines show problem (i.e 486).

	I am still working on understanding this problem.  But sometimes
	when using a blinking block cursor in character mode the screen
	gets corrupted.  It appears to only happen on slow machines.  When
	the problem first happens I notice a few extra bits (same bit pattern)
	appearing in each position of the screen on all consoles.  The screen
	will then slowly get more and more corrupted until it becomes
	unreadable.  The systems continue to run fine.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Send "\033[=3C" to one of FreeBSD's consoles and wait.