Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:54:52 +0200
From:      Frank Wennmohs <frankw@bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JAP under any JDK1.3.1 on a 4.8 System?

Hello all!

I am a real fan of the JAP (Java Anon Proxy) project.

Trying to get it running on a 4.8 System fails in one way
or another (with a JDK1.3.1). Here is what I tried:

Using the the native JDK1.3.1p8 with green threads results
in core dump in a 'SeedGeneratorThread'.

Using native JDK1.3.1 with native threads results in
an immediate return of 'User signal 1'.

Using the Linux JDK1.3.1 results in an illegal ioctl on /dev/random.

The Diablo JDK1.3.1 does indeed run the JAP applet, but
not every request to the personal proxy is being processed.

Did anyone get JAP running correctly under FreeBSD?
Or does anyone have a suggestion what I could try in addition?

Thanks in advance

Frank