Date:      Sun, 1 Jan 1995 18:24:21 +0000
From:      Vince Chan <vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu>
To:        Michael Olson <olson@cs.odu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 2.0 Problems

On Sun, 1 Jan 1995, Michael Olson wrote:

> > 	Thanks for the help though.  Hmmm, so do I run the patches in with
> > patch < filename before I even run the configure program since this is the
> > first time I've used patches.  Now, hopefully someone can help me getting
> > XFree86 to work with my SONY 1304 Monitor and a 1991 Diamond SpeedStar+
> > Hi-Color Card.
> >
> Apply the patches before customizing/configureing (That way you don't
> change something that would normally be patched.) and then build.
>
> -- Mike
>
> "Why Not" is a perfectly good reason.

	Well, I got screen compiled with the patches and now it works
fine for everyone except root, root still does the following:

bigbang# screen
Bus error (core dumped)
bigbang#

	Any ideas and do you know where I can get help with XFree86 v3.1 setup?

                              Cheers,
          		       Vince
E-mail:
vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu,\|/ Sys Adm - CircleStar Technologies,Inc.
  root@berkeley.circlestar.com,(o o) San Francisco, California USA
 |  There are many forms of science but only physics is the quantum  |
 |                    leap of the 21st Century.  	             |
	uPoy@physics.ucla.edu	     UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering
	 			     Los Angeles, California USA

GUS Digest Adminstrator
Advanced Gravis UltraSound Card - The ultimate in soundcard technology