Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:45:49 -0500
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, green@FreeBSD.org, security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH port patch

Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 01:22:11PM -0800, Matt Dillon wrote:
> >     I think it's a whole lot better then simply marking the package
> >     forbidden!  I was actually surprised that the package was marked
> >     forbidden, when the fix is only a few minutes of work.
>
> That presupposes I had a few minutes of spare time. I'll get to it
> ASAP, if the maintainer doesn't first.

I do not mind if someone else takes the OpenSSH port.  I called it "end of
life" and I really meant it because I simply don't want to do spend so much
time keeping it up to date.  It's much harder to do it in a port versus the
src tree, especially.  I don't mind if alfred or anyone else with a good
reason modifies it.  That said, I also no good reason not to just use sleep
instead of nanosleep, as well.