Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:34:55 +0000
From:      Jean-Mark Dupoux <jmdupoux@lineone.net>
To:        ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: euro symbol

Hello Thomas,

from what I undertsand the euro  symbol is definitely ANSI symbol 0128
(as opposed to ASCII 128, without the zero), but it depends on an
individual system whether it is  recognized or not

on any system where symbols 0127 to 0255 are recognized then alt-0128
should give you the euro symbol, but alt-128 wil give you letter C with
a curl below it (Ç)

hope this helps

Jean-Mark Dupoux
jmdupoux@lineone.net

* Thomas Würfl <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de> [2002-03-28 21:26]:
> > > I did it the way discribe in that article but I still have a problem with
> > > the key combination alt_gr+e. It doesn't work under X. The fonts are ok.
> > > Charcter 164 is the euro symbol and i can copy/paste it. Someone said it
> > > maybe fixable with xmodmap, but I don't know how. Any idea?
> >
> > IIRC, I have changed in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/de
> >
> > key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
> >                     [  EuroSign                     ]       };

> > key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
> >                     [        currency, currency     ]       };
> >
> > and it worked.
> >
> > Regards,
> >          Olli

> Ok, i did that, but now I get "?" with alt_gr+e(E) instead of ""(nothing).
> Maybe the variable currency isn't defind (or wrong)? How do I do?
> I change the currency symbol in kde control center to "?" (I apologise to the
> non iso-8859-15 out there) but that didn't help. Sorry to bother you, but i
> think it's a bagatelle for you.

I am sorry, but I do not know how to solve your problem.

Fonts are set to iso-8859-15 variants?

On my box, using Windowmaker, it works.

Regards,
         Olli