Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 23:02:55 -0700
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kg@dccnet.com>
To:        Chad Ziccardi <zicc@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xfree-4 WAS: Re: Proper method of updating XFree86

Chad Ziccardi wrote:

> If the port maintainer knows the problem and thus it's marked forbidden,
> why not just fix it? Maybe I'm off base here, and thus I apologize.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I only want to update for cosmetic reasons.

It does point to a small consideration while using sysinstall.  It is "so"
simple to install and setup X at installation.  Jobs well done :-)

Would it be, or has it been, a suggestion that the installation of "X" on a
clean install, include an entry in /var/db/pkg?

--
 Kevin G. Eliuk                             ))    ))  ))        ))    ))