Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:45:25 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Johnston <mjohnston@skyweb.ca>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware note auto-generation - status?

--3eH4Qcq5fItR5cpy

On 2004.08.30 19:10:55 -0500, Mark Johnston wrote:
> What's up, -doc? *

Hey, sorry about the delay in answering your mail.

> In summarizing the cvs-src commits lately, I've noticed a fair bit of wor=
k=20
> going into retrofitting the man pages to support auto-generation of hardw=
are=20
> notes.  I'm afraid I haven't followed the doc@ list since that was a WIBN=
I=20
> instead of a WIP, so I'm not sure of the status of the project.  I would =
like=20
> to mention it in the cvs-src summary when it's all through; is there a=20
> certain src commit I should be watching for to tip me off when it's done?=
 =20

Well, it's progressing fairly well at the moment, but there is still
some way to go before it's done.  The goal is still to auto generate
listings for most devices that has a manual page for the 5.3 release.

> Alternatively, would it be possible for someone involved to drop me a bri=
ef=20
> note when a mention would be most appropriate?

Sure, I can do that.  It will probably be sometime around 5.3-RELEASE.

> BTW, I'm not averse to mentioning other significant doc@ commits, althoug=
h I=20
> don't have time to follow the doc cvs.  If there are commits or general=
=20
> changes that you'd like to see me note in a summary, please drop me a mai=
l. =20

OK - this could also be a good way for other contributors to help the
doc project out a bit (hint hint, to whoever other doc@ people that
read this :-) ).

Actually I think it's worth nothing the DocBook slides murray@ added
(in doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/slides/) this week.  E.g.:

Murray Stokely (murray) added some general slides about FreeBSD that
can be used when doing presentations about FreeBSD.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200409071215.i87CFCgD024825

> * Sorry, you've probably heard it a million times.  :)

He, I actually hadn't heard that one before :-).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team

--3eH4Qcq5fItR5cpy