Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:04:03 +0800 (WST)
From:      David Adam <zanchey@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>
To:        doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: typo in handbook 11.16.3.2 System Hangs

Doug,

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, doug wrote:
> support with hint.apic.0.disabled="1" in loader.conf.
>                   ^^^^
> acpi?

I'm pretty sure that it should be APIC (Advanced Programmable Interrupt
Controller).

>From the kernel configuration NOTES:

# The apic device enables the use of the I/O APIC for interrupt delivery.
# The apic device can be used in both UP and SMP kernels, but is required
# for SMP kernels.

(Well, I know it doesn't mean a lot, but I'm mainly trying to show that
hint.apic is more likely than not a valid sysctl.)

HTH,

David Adam
zanchey@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au