Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:03:33 +0100
From:      Emanuel Strobl <emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        musikcom@ngs.ru
Subject:   Re: Trouble with sshd in jail

--nextPart1285491.L06C193JFG

Am Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2005 16:35 schrieb musikcom@ngs.ru:
[...]
> Then I start jail:
>
> #jail /jail testhost 161.66.11.2 /bin/sh /etc/rc
>
> Two problems: then jail startup, the message "Starting
> sshd..." stops for 10 min. That's one. Then booting

This is because the sshd startupscript generates keypairs if they are missi=
ng.=20
And for that it waits to enter some random data which leads to that long=20
timeout even on a fast machine.

> proccess continies and finish successfull. Second problem
> is when I try to connect to jail (161.66.11.2) with ssh
> client.
> ---Connect 161.66.11.2...
> ---Login as: root
> AND STOPS!!! For 7-10 min. Than "password" field appears,
> but I have wait so much time...

This is because sshd tries to resolve addresses of connected hosts.
=46ix your DNS or edit /etc/hosts accordingly.

=2DHarry