Date:      Tue, 05 May 2015 14:44:16 +0200
From:      Julien Charbon <jch@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   MFC-ing

--1row9mVeHLQaF67mn5k6tPBwtIQlsHrJV

 Hi list,

 I was asked if it is possible to MFC r281599 in FreeBSD 10:

---
Fix an old and well-documented use-after-free race condition in
TCP timers:
 - Add a reference from tcpcb to its inpcb
 - Defer tcpcb deletion until TCP timers have finished
---
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D281599

 First, I thought it was no possible as it touches struct
tcp_timer/struct tcpcb_mem.  Second, John pointed me that these two
structures are used only internally.  The only side effect I was able to
find is the increase of struct tcpcb_mem size:

 - stable/10:                    struct tcpcb_mem size is 1024 bytes
 - stable/10 + tcp timer change: struct tcpcb_mem size is 1032 bytes
 - currently in head:            struct tcpcb_mem size is 1048 bytes

 If you have extra concerns on MFC-ing this change please scream.
Without nice yelps I plan to "MFC after: 1 month" (around May 16th).

 Thanks.

--
Julien