Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 05:43:16 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        dkelly@HiWAAY.net (David Kelly)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sequencer1: <???> at 0x388 (not functional)

> Found time to dig into my soundcard problems again. Luigi pointed out it
> wasn't getting its DMA right from the BIOS. I noticed PnP was detecting
> the card and assigning IRQ-9 when I had reserved IRQ-5 for an ISA card
> in the BIOS.

for the bios, ISA means "non PnP".

> So I changed BIOS settings so only IRQ 10 and no DMA are reserved for
> ISA. PnP now assigns IRQ 5, DRQ 1 and 3, to my sound card. But still
> doesn't play sounds right.
>
> dmesg says:
> Probing for PnP devices:
> CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSCd925 [0x25d9630e] Serial 0xffffffff Comp ID: @@@0000 [0x0000
> 0000]
> mss_attach <CS4235>1 at 0x530 irq 5 dma 1:3 flags 0x13
> pcm1 (CS423x/Yamaha <CS4235> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x530-0x537 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x1
> 3 on isa
>
> n4hhe: {1027} cat /dev/sndstat
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (981002) Nov 11 1998 17:42:32
> Installed devices:
> pcm1: <CS4235> at 0x530 irq 5 dma 1:3
> sequencer1: <???> at 0x388 (not functional)
> n4hhe: {1028}
>
> Hurray! Back to IRQ 5, plus DMA of 1 and 3. And a new error message.

what error msg ? In any case, idon't have the AW37 so i don't know if
there is a problem with the card or with your setup. Basing on
feedback from other users, i think the AW37 works fine with the pcm
driver, but let's see if someone else confirms this.

	cheers
	luigi