Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 20:54:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Hepler <ehepler@regscan.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/37877: Quota commands hang system after rebuilding kernel with options QUOTA

>Number:         37877
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Quota commands hang system after rebuilding kernel with options QUOTA
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I rebuilt the kernel per the handbook section on the freebsd website.  I added options QUOTA to 'MYKERNEL' so that I could enable quotas for the system, as it will be a web hosting server.  Kernel appears to build ok, install ok, reboot, appears ok... try to start running commands from root such as "quota testuser" the system will hang... running "quota" by itself has displayed the root quota (none) but other commands such as edquota will hang the system and Ineed to reboot via the reset switch on the box to get it to restart.
>How-To-Repeat:
Running any quota command.
>Fix:
N/A