Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:12:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Greg Rowe" <greg@uswest.net>
Cc:        Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone know what this SCSI error is about?

>  We have about 300 or so C's and D's in production with no problems
> at various release levels. We still have a couple E's in boxes with
> light loads and they run OK except for the occasional errors. We
> found that high user load or a couple bonnie or iozone runs can
> cause the systems to crash. Also, performance numbers under bonnie
> are terrible on the E cards. The E cards will also fail on our CAM
> test systems. All other Adaptec problems at the later FreeBSD
> releases can be traced to the usual drive/cable/termination
> problems.

Yow, that's pretty nasty!  Do you think I could perhaps persuade you
to put together a short paragraph describing the problems one might
encounter with an E revision card and how to identify an E rev card in
the field?  Then I could put together a FAQ / HARDWARE.TXT entry for
it since it seems worthy of such mention.  Thanks!

- Jordan