Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 16:56:42 -0500
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, lcremean@tidalwave.net
Cc:        Howard <foxfair@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/pci pcisupport.c

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 11:48:49PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Whistle has some support for Cyrix 5530 UltraDMA support that will come in
> when cleaned up.

Hm, cool. I wonder if it's at all similar to the Acer UDMA engine, which btw
I seem to have at least partially working at this point. (Streaming
transfers -- i.e. dd if=/dev/rwd0 of=/dev/null -- work, but if you, say, run
fsck or boot the system multi-user, it'll work fine for a few seconds, then
get some interrupt timeouts, then work again for a bit, then the cycle
repeats. I think the UDMA cycle time needs to be tweaked, but I'm not sure.)

> Unfortunatly the 5530 UDMA engine has some serious bugs.
> some of which can't be worked around from ide_pci.c alone..

Eeee, like what?