Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 2004 13:40:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gdm -- keyboard disabled

On 06-Jun-2004 Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 14:25, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
>> I've already checked the archives re: this issue, but if anyone posted a
>> resolution to the problem, I didn't see it.
>>
>> If I use the gmd.sh script in /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d to start gdm at boot time,
>> the keyboard refuses to work.  I can't even switch to a console to see
>> what's
>> going on, or reset the system with Ctrl-Alt-Delete; the keyboard just goes
>> completely dead.
>>
>> This is under a freshly updated 5.2-CURRENT, with a freshly updated GNOME
>> 2.6.1
>> install.
>>
>> Anyone know what's going on with this?
>
> If this is a GNOME 2.4 upgrade,

Yes, it is.  I recently setup a whole new install of FreeBSD (after tinkering
for a few days with Debian, for reasons I won't bore you with here).  Initial
install of GNOME was 2.4, mostly from packages, followed by a later upgrade to
2.6.

> make sure you're using the factory
> gdm.conf.  You may also want to reinstall gnomecontrolcenter2 then
> libgnome to see if that helps.  Also, make sure gdm is not linked to any
> old libraries in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg.

OK, I'll check all that out and get back to you.  Thanks.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> - "In Unix veritas"