Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:30:27 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@gmx.de>
To:        windlamf <windlamf@yahoo.com.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading to a specified version?

--llIrKcgUOe3dCx0c

windlamf wrote:
> Hi all !=20
> The version of my current system is 4.7, and I want to upgrade the system=
 to 4.11.From the description of "UPDATING" in /usr/src, I know that I have=
 alternatives among severval stable versions. But how can I specify the rig=
ht version which I want the system upgraded to?
> If I want my fb upgraded to 4.10, what can I do?
> As far as I know, the handbook does not mention things like this. So I tu=
rn to you guys for help.

The handbook elaborates quite verbosely on this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Simon

--llIrKcgUOe3dCx0c

--llIrKcgUOe3dCx0c--