Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 23:43:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Jason Dupuis <dupuik@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   A slight problem...

We've been trying to install 2.1.5-RELEASE from a primary 1.2GB EIDE drive
to a secondary 260MB EIDE drive for awhile now but keep getting the same
problem.  During the stage when the install looks at the first HD in
/FreeBSD for the source, we keep getting, "Bad CRC" and "Bypassing XXXXXX
bytes of junk" or errors similar to those.  Now, I know the files are
good; they were FTP'ed directly from ftp.freebsd.org and transferred to
the machine via ethernet from a UNIX server.  The machine is running
Win95 and was downloaded using CuteFTP from the UNIX server.

What is wrong?  Is it a bug/problem with FreeBSD, or the install procedure?

Kenneth J. Dupuis
dupuik@rpi.edu