Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 1995 14:35:21 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org, hasty@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: Whee - I've got my MBONE feed..

> I think only the GUS card (with Hasty patches) will give you vat output.
> I am afraid that these changes will not work will with 2.0-0322-SNAP sound
> file changes, but I have not dug into that to check.

I'd be really happy if we could start nailing this down!  I'm sure I'm
not the only FreeBSD user who's going to have these questions! ;-)

We pay lip service to how much nicer a network solution than Linux we
are, but unless we can really shine in the edge-of-the-envelope areas
like this (and things like T/TCP are a good start) then it's a rather
difficult point to easily make.

> check the IETF conferences, they had video this morning.

I just got the video from one of the Univ. of Illinois lectures,
actually!  The other channels I was looking at before were obviously
simply not broadcasting.  I also looked into the IETF stuff.  Much
lower bandwidth than the Illinois stuff, but nonetheless watchable.

This is slick stuff!  You sort of need a 300K/sec or better pipe to
the Internet to use it, but...

> now we have to write video drivers so we can electronically moon each other.
> I still have not heard back from Matrox about what kind of information they
> are willing to provide for drivers. we have loaner intel capture boards
> (for a DOS conferencing tool) maybe I should start bugging them.
>
> we have all the pieces for a FreeBSD "bird of a feather" meetings.

I'm game!  I'm in! :-)

					Jordan