Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:5:21 +0800
From:      "=?GB2312?Q?=D2=FC=B8=D6?=" <yin_gang@citiz.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   socks5 got "core dumped" under 4.9

I install the socks5 under freebsd 4.9 using the ports,then I often found error messages when i run dmesg like these(the error occurs about 2 or 3 times one day):

pid 209 (socks5), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
pid 212 (socks5), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
pid 211 (socks5), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

I checked the date of socks5.core in the root, it even comes out when i'm not using the proxy from the remote compute, I run the socks5 in the following form: /usr/local/bin/socks5 -p -n 6

Can anyone make a suggestion about this? thanks:)

btw: I ever use socks5 in redhatlinux 7.3 and never encounter this issue

- Yin Gang