Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew M Groener <matt@xlrn.ucsb.edu>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -stable from CVS repository?

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, John Polstra wrote:

>In article <199704161936.MAA12496@pythagoras.uncanny.net>,
>Edward Elhauge  <ee@uncanny.net> wrote:
>> I am trying to switch from cvsuping the -stable and -current releases to
>> cvsuping the CVS repository. So far so good?
>>
>> Now I've gone on to extract the -stable release using the command:
>> 	cvs -Q checkout -r RELENG_2_1_7_RELEASE -d src-temp world
>>
>> When I then do a diff between the -stable directory and the directory I've
>> created under src-temp I find several minor changes between the files in the
>> two directory hierarchies.

An email ago, someone indicated a lack of naming logic to the RELENG
strings (sorry I don't remember who now). Any word on a current listing
of these strings, bad format or no?

Thanks,

-matt

Matthew M. Groener, Systems Manager                Phone: (805) 893-4906
U of C Santa Barbara Extension                     Pager: (805) 882-6170
matt@xlrn.ucsb.edu  http://www.xlrn.ucsb.edu       Fax:   (805) 893-4943
"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern
technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."