Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 06:55:21 +0100
From:      Borje Josefsson <bj@dc.luth.se>
To:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nokia Cardphone

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:01:30 CST, "Michael C . Wu" wrote:

> Hello,
> =

> I am wondering if anyone has used this Nokai product before.
> Will this work? If I buy it and lend it to someone, would
> someone be willing to try to make it work?

I have been using that product under FreeBSD since february, it works =

perfect! I even think it works better under BSD than under Win* =

(surprise?? :-) ). I haven't had the possibility to test the V.120 mode =

(44 kbps), since our modem pool doesnt support that, but even with 28.8k,=
 =

ppp and compression I usually get 40-50 kbps throughput - which is MUCH =

more than 9.6k.

No special tweaking, it works like a regular modem. Just put the lines in=
 =

pccardd.conf (they might already be there in 4.2R, I haven't checked) and=
 =

run!.

If You want to run PPP, You have to grab the AT init string from the Win*=
 =

modem log file and paste that into ppp.conf (or I could send You that =

string later - I havent that available right now).

Good luck!

--Borje