Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 23:40:05 +0100
From:      Guilherme Oliveira <guilherme@nortenet.pt>
To:        FreeBSD Mobile <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel compiled, but I have a few questions ...

I didn't find answers to these, so if anyone knows:

-> I have compiled kernel a lot of times, but when I isolated atadisk
(new disks) from ata0 (old disks) or the other way, my root fs didn't
mount. Not atadisk+ata nor ata0+ata. It must have both compiled !

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering
options         ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA    #Enable DMA on ATAPI devices

Whats the problem for not accept the new ata+atadisk interface only ?

-> The same thing happened with my cards (thanks Greg) that only
compiles with

#device          pccard
#device         cardbus
device          card
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
#device         pcic1   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000
options         PCIC_RESUME_RESET       # reset after resume

If I use pccard, why the kernel denys with errors when compiling if I
activate pccard device ?
Worst ... how my cards are working ?!

-> Everytime I connect to my ISP with 'dial -background ISP', and if I
pause a few minutes, my connection drops.
What's the problem with ppp ?

My Toshiba 310CDS with 4.2R is almost working right.
I just want to understand what's happening and learn more about FreeBSD.

Thanks !