Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:38:59 GMT
From:      Frank <skratchpixels@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/126983: Less CD swapping during installation by organizing the order of packages installations.

>Number:         126983
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Less CD swapping during installation by organizing the order of packages installations.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hi,

I just recently downloaded FreeBSD and during the installation of the packages I have chosen, FreeBSD frequently asked me to keep on switching CDs in and out. Logically there could be less swapping of CDs if all the packages that was chosen was installed in an order.

Would installing the selected packages in disc one be possible before moving on to disc two?

Can the installation state which CD FreeBSD needs to install the package selected?

Another solution to this problem would also be to create all ISOs in DVD media.

Thank you for your time. I love FreeBSD and everything the FreeBSD developers are doing is completely appreciated.

Thanks.

>How-To-Repeat:
During installation