Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:57:48 +1000
From:      Adrian Carter <adrian@apic.net>
To:        admin@lannon.qc.ca (Real Melancon), chas <sweeting@neuronet.com.my>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ERR POP EOF console errors

At 18:41 16/04/97 -0400, Real Melancon wrote:
>>what are the -ERR POP EOF messages on the console when people
>>connect to the server ?
>    I suspect Win 95 Internet Mail to cause this, but I`m not sure.
>
>    From time to time I also have the following message:
>
>        ERR: "auth" unknown command

I too recive heaps of the AUTH and EOF errors. I noticed they only began
when I installed qpopper2.2, and when I was running boring qpop it didnt
happen.

I also think the AUTH is NSMail myself, to do with SSL transactions
perhaps, however, I know that the EOF comes from MSMail and Exchange
clients for sure.

Adrian