Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 12:42:01 -0700
From:      "ecmsl Last Name" <ecmsl@my-deja.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   I want MIDI now

Having not known the days where FreeBSD had working midi devices,
I was upset upset to upgrade to 4.4R and see no midi for soundcards
yet. Fighting with config <kernel-file>, trying LINT's examples of
snd+sb0+sbc0+sbmidi0... was a waste of time (SB32 ISA PnP).

If there is a working newmidi driver in -current, I don't care if
some other applications might be less reliable. It won't suck more
than Windoze.

How do I upgrade from 4.4-RELEASE to -CURRENT ? (I only have a modem
at home where I'm typing this but almost everything at work: fast
internet, CD-Writer, removable hard disk).

Many thanks to midi supporters. My synths are sleeping. Or I will
have to dump my computer and buy a lunchbox-sized hardware sequencer
with only 1.44MB floppy drive  and 4" B&W LCD :(