Date:      Thu, 7 May 2020 20:39:41 +0200
From:      Leander Schaefer <info@NetOcean.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, portmaster@BSDforge.com
Subject:   Re: Poudriere - Compile ALL Ports

Hello Chris,

Hello List,

I have checked out ports-mgmt/synth unfortunately it would be a massive
downgrade compared to poudriere. Does anyone have the right clue about
how the FreeBSD package managment team provides a complete repository
without having these conflicts? There must be a way to do this with
poudriere since I am most certainly sure they also use poudriere.

Also is there a way to tell poudriere to give a package a different /
individual name. E.g. I want to compile openldap one time with SASL and
another time without SASL and place them in the same repository. The
package naming could/should then be something like this:

- openldap-sasl

- openldap

Thanks

Am 05.05.20 um 23:06 schrieb Leander Schaefer:
> Hello Chris,
>

> thanks for your reply. Thanks for the hint about ports-mgmt/synth. I
> am definitly going to have a look into this! Well, my Podriere is
> using Jails by default. Is there any hack you applied for this issue
> to avoid?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Leander
>

> Am 05.05.20 um 22:46 schrieb Chris:
>> On Tue, 5 May 2020 22:38:36 +0200 Leander Schaefer info@NetOcean.de said
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have been dealing with Poudriere for quite a while and one of the
>>> most issues I have is, that I have ports which won't compile along
>>> with another. Reason is mostly something like:
>>>
>>> pkg-static: ImageMagick7-7.0.10.6 conflicts with
>>> ImageMagick6-6.9.11.6,1 (installs files into the same place).
>>> Problematic file: /usr/local/bin/Magick++-config
>>>
>>> So in other words a newer version is going to place its binaries
>>> etc. into the same place as the previous version. I have read and
>>> used something like:
>>>
>>> # Build several PHP versions parallel on the same server:
>>> # https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/602
>>> PHP_ALT=php56 php70 php71 php72 php73
>>> .for port in ${PHP_ALT}
>>> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/ports*/*/${port}*}
>>> DISABLE_CONFLICTS=YES
>>> PREFIX=/usr/local/${port}
>>> PHPBASE=/usr/local/${port}
>>> LOCALBASE=/usr/local
>>> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--datadir=/usr/local/${port}/share
>>> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--bindir=/usr/local/${port}/bin