Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:25:30 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Tulloch <andrew@cosa.uk-legal.net>
To:        Dermot McNally <dermot@traveldev.com>
Cc:        Fred Clift <fred@clift.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Numbering of fxp devices

I've got a machine with two fxp devices in, it has always picked up the
card first then the onboard one, which I also thought was odd. Although
I've never noticed the order in which they were probed change. It ran
4.0-release then up'd to stable a couple of months ago, then to 4.1-stable
shortly after 4.1-release.

Andrew Tulloch - Systems Administrator - Legalex Ltd
		 andrew@cosa.uk-legal.net
		 FreeBSD: The Power To Serve...