Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 06:42:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      yatin chalke <yat_33@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to get hardware address of a machine using ARP/Sysctl/Routing sockets??

Hi,

I want to get hardware address of any machine on a
subnet using sysctl and routing sockets.
I can search arp cache and return the hardware address
if it is there.

But if the hardware address is not in ARP cache then I
cant retrieve it.

Is there any way to get hardware address of any
machine
using any Arp structure/routing sockets /sysctl??

I tried using IOCTL but it doesnt work with freebsd
4.4.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Yatin