Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 11:04:17 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@ait.ac.th>
To:        never@uic-in.net
Cc:        ume@mahoroba.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AUTH and sendmail

HI,

What I enjoy about poprelayd is that it does not need any patch to th
pop/imap server. It reads the syslog output.

And as it is written in Perl, it i pretty straight forward to adapt it
to nearly any form of log message, even for non standard pop/imap
server just throw a regular expression in.  I use it with UW-imap
myself. (my concern was how to modify sendmail.cf to include the
checking of the open relay table :)

I recon that having a Perl process running all the time to check the
syslog file is not the nicest solution, a friends reports that on his
ISP email server it uses up to 15% of the resources, but they are
handling thousands of emails every minute. In my case, it should not
proceed more than one connection every day so the process will not be
overloaded... :)

I would accept a pointer to drac, just to have a look.

Best regards,

Olivier