Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:43:39 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodme@bezeqint.net>
To:        Kristian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F6derholm?= <trasher@home.se>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux and FreeBSD

Kristian Söderholm wrote:
> Please excuse my bad english.
> I have used Linux for several years now...
> And I heard of a friend that FreeBSD maybe would be something for me.
> My question is then:
> Is FreeBSD like Linux at all or is it a hole new systemfor me?

Definitely not a new system. Many similarities. And FreeBSD man pages
are *much* better than any Linux distro so you can learn while working.

If you like to fiddle with config files and just 'do it yourself'
instead of using linuxconf or whatever automated installation package,
FreeBSD is for you. Oh yes.. and if you enjoy watching packages compile
rather than just download ready made (and usually not optimized)
binaries.

Slick system. I'm moving from Linux myself :)

-- Nimrod.