Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 2004 23:29:49 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ctm-users@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First time running CTM

I think your problems are with portupgrade, or how you use the ports, rather
than with using cvsup/ctm.  I don't think that using ctm will help you at all,
and I think that you should resolve your issues using cvsup.

I think that your best bet is to post to the freebsd-questions mailing list,
explaining what doesn't work.  You are unlikely to get help from a more
specialized lists such as ctm-users.  The reason is that it is somewhat apparent
from your questions that you are not so knowledgable about the basics of
FreeBSD, and people are going to be unwilling to spend a lot of time to help
you, because, well, it will be a lot of time.  But the freebsd-questions list is
designed to help people like you who are getting started.

Best, Stephen