Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:24:34 +0100
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount: /dev/ad0s1e: File name too long

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 02-Mar-01 Edwin Culp wrote:
> > I just found something new in current.  When I rebooted with todays current,
> > it
> > put me into single user with the following message:
> >
> > mount: /dev/ad0s1e: File name too long
> >
> > The problem seems to be the directory that I have been mounting it under for
> > couple of years.  /var/ftp/release   If I make it shorter like, /mnt. it
> > works
> > fine.
> >
> > Not a big deal, easy to work around and I haven't made a release since the
> > begining of February :-).
>
> Blame Adrian Chadd (adrian@FreeBSD.org) :)  Apparently the limit he's enforcing
> on mount names is rather short... :)

You know, I would have picked this one up if my current machine had
long mount paths. :-)

My apologies for this and procfs/alpha breakages.

For those who asked, I'll MFC this to -stable once its settled down
a little. There are a few other bits I need to do that have been pointed
out to me before I'm happy with the change.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Programming is like sex:
<adrian@freebsd.org>		   One mistake and you have to support for