Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jhay@angel.cids.org.za, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Does IPX routing work? ... Of course. :-)

> > Type ``config'' at the Novell console prompt.  Look at
> > the ``Frame Type:'' field for each ethernet card.
>
> I only see one ethernet card configured, but there are 3 entries,
> one for each for 802.3, Ethernet_II and Ethernet_SNAP.  Of the
> 3, only the Ethernet_II entry shows a LAN address.

Your novell server is configured to handle these 3 frame types, that
means just about any Novell client can find the bugger...  your
probably using Ethernet_SNAP to support Mac systems.

To be fully functional your IPX router will need to deal with all
3 of these frame types.  As it stands now the only one supported is
Ethernet_II.

You could go around and start converting all the clients to Ethernet_II,
which is not a bad idea in itself (makes for sniffing the network a lot
easier :-)).

If you can convert all the clients on the otherside of the router to
be using Ethernet_II your will be up and running with the current code.
This can easily be done for most current Novell clients (ODI and NDIS
drivers), the other NetX stuff is not so easy, and if I remeber correctly
you folks have all the sales systems running NetX.exe over packet drivers. :-(