Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 02:59:06 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Enterprise-class backup solution ?

Hi.

I'm researching a enterprise-class backup solution for an organisation,
that REQUIRES backup clients/agents, if not servers, for Solaris,
Linux, NT and FreeBSD.

Why am I sending this to isp@freebsd.org ?

Almost every backup solution covers Linux, Solaris and NT, but few
cover FreeBSD that also cover the other three. I know Legato
does, and so far, it's the only product I've come across
(Arcserve doesn't appear to have FreeBSD or Linux support).

Is anyone using Legato or some other commercial backup solution, and
found it to work reliably ?

PS. I am aware of Amanda, BRU and the possibility of NFS mounting
/ Samba mounting partitions. This is not really an option.
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@os.org.za
http://khetan.os.org.za/      * Talk/Finger khetan@khetan.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Stupidest quote heard : Who is this BSD, and why should we free him ?