Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 1995 13:36:02 +0000
From:      donal.tobin@cs.tcd.ie (Donal Tobin)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   A question for you.

Hi Jordan and Hackers people,
        I am trying to install 2.0R on a machine here, however the newfs
fails on the disk. This is at the very begining of the install just after
the fdisk has been done. Does newfs do a scsi read capasity, or do you know
offhand. Can extra otions to newfs be set, or is there some way to drop
into a shell. Ctrl-C and ESC-ESC both reboot the machine. Is there a floppy
I can build which will give me a shell through which I can do the work
manually. I now have a seperate temporary machine on which 2.0R is
installed with the srcdist and I can build on that. Thanks for your time
and help. I just adore the installation process. NB for a WD8013 the probe
incorrectly detects when the IRQ is at 2 and falsely reports that it is at
5, I could have done without having to open up my machine to change
jumpers, when I eventually figured it out :->.

        Donal.

PS This is installing on a NCR Raid scsi ID 1, OS/2 boot Manager + Special
code to boot from ID 1, other OS's are DOS and OSF/1.

| Donal.Tobin@tcd.ie  When you get carried away by enthusiasm you |
| +353-1-702-1797     may be lucky if you can hitch-hike it back  |
| Computer Architechture Group     Department of Computer Science |
| F34 O'Reilly Institute           Trinity College Dublin Ireland |
<A HREF="http://www.cs.tcd.ie/www/detobin/detobin.html">Click here :-)</A>