Date:      Sat, 29 May 2004 16:20:56 +0400
From:      "Vasenin Alexander aka BlackSir" <blacksir@number.ru>
To:        "Michael Vince" <michael@roq.com>
Cc:        Maksymilian Wrzesinski <mcson@obta.uw.edu.pl>
Subject:   RE: raid backup

I'm watched nearly same thing yesterday and found, that all cheap solutions is the so-called HostRAID, that are software or
semi-software implementations of RAID. So, their "RAID" ability supported only by M$ Window$. Under FreeBSD they work as normal
IDE/SCSI/SATA controllers. I've tested yesterday one of them - Adaptec on AIC 7899 chip. Take a look at hardware notes on 4.10, for
example "Promise Fasttrak-33, -66, -100, -100 TX2/TX4, -133 TX2/TX2000" - noone except Promise calls it RAID...
	Vasenin Alexander aka BlackSir