Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:17:20 -0500
From:      "Bob McConnell" <rvm@CBORD.com>
To:        "Jonathan McKeown" <jonathan+freebsd-questions@hst.org.za>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Broken quoting (was Re: XFCE4)

On Behalf Of Jonathan McKeown
On Monday 03 November 2008 08:38:07 joeb wrote:

> [...]

It's his email client. Microsoft Lookout will no longer do standard
quoting and forces top posting of replies. I am also required to use it
by our IT department policies and have to manually reformat each message
I reply to. There used to be an option that could be set to get angle
bracket quoting, but that disappeared in the update from MS-Office 2000
to 2003.

The top line, "-----Original Message-----", is the clue that he is using
the Microsoft client. That is its standard separator for all replies.
Yes, it is a major pain. I really do prefer Thunderbird.

Bob McConnell