Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 08:50:56 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updated install ISO

Hi all, and especially mac-mini owners,

  I've built a new minimal install iso. It's available at:

   http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/6.0-20050518-SNAP-powerpc-disc1.iso

  Instructions are at:

   http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/iso_install.txt

  Other than being up-to-the-minute -CURRENT, the updates are:

   - macmini CD support
   - newer powerbooks can work with external USB keyboard

  I've not given this much testing other than a mini (on which it was
built). There was a big problem with the loader that had to be fixed,
and was shown up on the mini with a larger install RAMdisk. I'll check
this in as soon as I do a sparc64 compile test. However, the fix is in
the install image.

  Let me know how it goes!

later,

Peter.