Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 23:33:09 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        uday kiran <uday@aravalli.novalink.stpn.soft.net>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [uday@aravalli.novalink.stpn.soft.net: linux-emulator]

Wolfram Schneider wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from uday kiran <uday@aravalli.novalink.stpn.soft.net> -----
>
>         I have freebsd 2.2.8 running on my machine and installed the
> linux_libs using the ports.
> I reconfigured the kernel enabling  LINUX_COMPAT  option.  Now when i
> use  ldd-linux on itself
> as  a matter of fact on any other  binary  (say ls which i got from a
> linux box) it is cribbing  ld-linux-so.1.2..
> syntax errot '(' not expected and i tried using   the lib file from a
> linux box but the same problem arises.
> please solve my problem.

Upgrading the port should solve this problem or alternatively install
linux-base from http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/ instead of linux_lib. Note that
ldd won't work out of the box. This is because ldd executes a shared
library to do the work. FreeBSD doesn't allow execution of libaries. As a
work-around to that, use the FreebSD native ldd or search this mailing list
for a kernel-patch I once posted. I don't have the patch anymore, but it's
still on my TODO list...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/