Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:07:32 -0400
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   freebsd vs. Cisco for two t1's

We're considering bringing two more t1's into the office through a separate
provider to diversify our path out.  The new circuits will terminate in dc,
as opposed to Atlanta where our current circuits terminate.

We've got two t1 cards laying around from other systems we've pulled back,
and I was wondering if anyone has had success using freebsd for nothing but
terminating t1's and routing traffic.

What we want:
both t1's multiplexed coming into the freebsd system
bgp4/eigrp to communicating with the Cisco on the other t1's so that packets
always take the best path out to the internet.

It would be nice to run picobsd for this system, or boot it off a flash card
so as not to have to worry about drives.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

TIA

Peter Brezny
purplecat.net