Date:      18 Jan 2003 07:39:08 -0800
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: redirections on Web site?

Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> writes:

> The link needs to be spelled out, as press releases are not hypertext.
> (We present them in hypertext, but they won't be distributed in
> hypertext.)  We can't possibly put that correct link in; it's just not
> human-readable or human-memorable.

Good thinking, there.  An alterative to the re-direct would be to give
them "http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/" and ensure that page has a link
to the most important "doc proj", the Handbook, or at least fix the
"The FreeBSD Documentation Set" comment to say it includes the handbook
so people can easily know which link hierarchy to start chasing through.