Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 19:12:07 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Politically correct IIS attack

At 19:16 19-05-2001 +0200, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
>It's pretty common these days.  Also, hasn't this come up before?
>Seems to be a favourite topic of yours :)

Well, I don't remember everything I have ever said. :) But I sure
find this kind of exaggerated PC silly.

On a totally different topic, I have just cvsupped my ports collection.
I then tried to get a port just to be told I needed to upgrade my ports
make file. I went to freebsd.org/ports/ and found out they no longer
support my version (3.1).

I wish CVSup knew about it somehow. Now I have no way of going back
to what I had before, so I could at least get the ports that work with
my system.

This is very frustrating! Greg has told me quite a while ago that I
do not have enough memory for v.4. I have always liked FreeBSD because
it would run on just about anything, even old 386's. I am
disappointed that FreeBSD no longer officially supports my 6 year old
system (Pentium 100, 8 Meg).

I am finding myself spending less and less time in FreeBSD: I only
use it as a development platform for my CGI needs for my web sites
(which are hosted by pair Networks on FreeBSD 2.7 or so).

And it saddens me when I see rich kids saying, "so what, memory is
cheap." Hey, if it were cheap, I'd have upgraded it long time ago.
I was making $800/month as a nursing assistant for the last 6 years.
And I just lost that job 2.5 weeks ago. I could, of course, work
as a programmer for a lot more than that, except no one needs any
programmers where I live (Northern WI).

Plus, I am disabled enough not to find ANY job in this town, but not
enough to collect disability. (The nerve endings on my feet are dead
so I have no feeling in my feet.)

Adam

---
http://phonecowboy.com/registrar/twist/ finds a good domain for you