Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:07:15 -0500
From:      "aklist_061666" <aklist_061666@enigmedia.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: keeping 5.1 install up to date?

>> Hi All:
>>
>> Are there any FAQs or guides available online that explain how to keep a
>> 5.1 install up to date, in terms of patching installed packages, etc.?
>> Are there any utilities that can tell you if updates are available for
>> installed packages?
>>
>> TIA, AK
>>

> Yes you do that with cvsup it's not hard to set up and easy to use, it's
> covered in the handbook but I don't have time right now to find just where
> it's at, (on the way to work).
>
> Good luck and have fun.

OK...trying not to be too newbie...but I proceed very slowly when it comes
to this stuff. Just to confirm I'm reading everything correctly...

I'm running 5.1 and CVSup is NOT already installed, so I have to:

A) download and install Modula-3 compiler
B) install zlib
C) install CVSup

or is that information outdated? Also, in the CVSup sources directory, there
are several numbered sources...which one do i compile?

Thanks, AK