Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:59:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   New 3D software available

I would like to announce the first public release of a new graphics api,
QDraw from Qube Software Ltd. The software is being released as source
code under a BSD-style license. We currently support FreeBSD, Linux and
Win32 platforms.

QDraw is a new open source 3D graphics api developed by the people that
wrote Direct3D. This new api is a lot easier to use than current versions
of Direct3D and has the advantage of being open source and portable across
Win9x, WinNT, FreeBSD and Linux. It includes a simple event model and
fullscreen support, allowing an application to be easily ported to
supported platforms.

If you are interested, please visit our website at
http://www.calcaphon.com and check out the screenshots. More information
including complete api documentation will be available soon in the same
place.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com