Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:36:00 -0600
From:      Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dmitri Furman <dmitri_furman@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Grainy X Windows and KDE.

Greg Barniskis wrote:
> Well, sorry it's not the simplest thing. Being an old school CLI mode
> server monkey, I don't really have any great X Windows expertise to offer.

No sooner had I sent this than I recalled the result of a previous
experiment I performed trying to get KDE running on 5.2 quite a
while ago. The default desktop background was set to a particular
gray color, which when viewed on my monitor caused an *awful* moire
pattern. This problem went away when I changed the desktop color to
anything else. Is that your problem?

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348