Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:54:33 +0100
To:        n8 <vaevictus@socket.net>
Cc:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@iae.nl>, oppermann@pipeline.ch, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uptimes, Woo Hoo

Hi!

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 10:56:49AM -0600, n8 wrote:
> > obcore$ uptime
> >  7:53AM  up 845 days, 10:12, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> > obcore$

> Are you guys on some sort of special powergrid or something?

It's called the european power grid, a large, interconnected grid
of almost all power plants in Europe, from Norway down to Italy.

Pretty robust. We also have UPSs, but this particular server is
not connected to one. Why ? Answer: Because up to now, it was
not the power grid that failed, but the UPS (most of them from APC,
where does their reputation is coming from ?).

In the future, only systems with two seperate power supplies
that connect to two different UPSs make any sense to me. Too expensive
for all equipment, but well...