Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:42:49 +0100
From:      Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Snapshot filesystem -> kernel: WARNING: Expected rawoffset...

Hi,

I've discovered that during creation of a snapshot-filesystem I get an
error message written to my log that says:

Nov 19 17:36:25 io kernel: WARNING: Expected rawoffset 0, found 32

To be specific, this happens every time when I run mdconfig for the
root partition.

I've used the following commands:

mksnap_ffs / /snapshot
mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /shapshot

It is during the "mdconfig" command above that I get the error
mentioned. Please note that this only happens when I run mdconfig for
the root partition - it doesn't happen for any other partition.

Has anybody else seen this?

Anything that can/should be done against it?

BTW, my system is running 5.3 with a kernel current as of today.

Thanks much in advance for your help,
-ewald